The import of machinery/equipment/raw materials and packaging materials by business units from third countries must be approved by the government. They must obtain an import license from the Department of Trade (DoT), Ministry of Economic Affairs (MoEA). 
However, issuance of import license by DoT, MoEA is subject to the recommendation from the Department for the CSIs.
Required Document: 
  • Application for import license
  • Small scale License copy or Cottage Scale Registration Certificate
  • Proforma invoice copy
  • Raw Material Requirement Form (to be submitted once in a year) 
  • Raw Material Utilization Form (to be submitted for every consignment)