The Bhutan Enterprise Award (BEA) was instituted in the year 2013 to reward and recognize the contribution of the cottage and small-scale industries to the socio-economic development of the nation and to inculcate the culture of entrepreneurship. The winners for the BEA are selected through rigorous selection processes and using various parameters each for short-listing, field assessment and the final selection. The winners are provided with a Certification of Appreciation and cash prize in the category of Small, Cottage, Rural, Woman, and Service (IT & ITES).
Criteria for BEA application
The applicant should:
- Have been operating a business for the last three years;
- Have been running a profitable business for at least past one year;
- Have Licensed/Registered the business in his/her name
- Not be a subsidiary of another company or industry
- Not apply for more than two awards. If an applicant meets criteria for two awards, he/she will be considered only for one category of award.
- Not apply if his/her business has been a past BEA awardee. Past award winners are not eligible to apply.
Required Document: Small scale License copy or Cottage Scale Registration Certificate.